Healthy and easy spicy butternut squash soup recipe
This easy spicy butternut squash soup recipe is a favorite of most kids. The soup is enriched with creaminess of half and half cream while the added sherry in the soup makes it burst with flavor. This is a healthy yet flavorsome recipe that is bound to be appreciated in all kinds of households. It takes forty five minutes for complete preparation. Following are the ingredients alongside their measurements:
- Seeded butternut squash-3 pounds
- Butter-2 tablespoon
- Sliced onion- 1 medium size
- Sliced leek-1
- Sliced garlic-2 cloves
- Can chicken broth-49.5 ounce
- Quartered and peeled russet potatoes-2 large size
- Cayenne pepper-1/8 teaspoon
- Ground allspice-1/8 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg-1/8 teaspoon
- Ground ginger-1/8 teaspoon
- Sherry wine- cup
- Half and half cream-1 cup
- Sour cream- cup
- For easy spicy butternut squash soup recipe a thin layer of water should be poured in a baking dish and the squash halves should be placed on it. Bake them in an oven preheated to 375 degrees F for 40 minutes. Now cool a bit and remove of peel.
- Add leek, garlic and onion in a large pot with melted butter on medium heat. For a couple of minutes and add the chicken broth along with potatoes. Cook for twenty minutes and add squash. Mash until small chunks are formed and then puree the soup.
- Seasoning of soup should be done with all the spice, salt, cayenne with pepper, nutmeg and ginger along with stirring of wine and cream. Heat the mixture through. Now the easy spicy butternut squash soup recipe is ready.