Healthy vegan bean taco filling recipe in 30 minutes
All vegan dishes are a requisite at any special event or when having guests over. This is because vegans have different kinds of preferences and overall differently developed tastes. This healthy vegan bean taco filling recipe is famous for being very well received. This dish is appreciated by vegans and meat lovers both because of its unique flavor. The filling is perfect for taco shells. It gels great with tortillas and chips as well. The recipe is for eight servings. It requires fifteen minutes to prep for and exactly fifteen minutes for the cooking process. The dish is prepared in just thirty minutes. Following are the ingredients for healthy vegan bean taco filling recipe along with their specific measurements that go in to making this delicious filling:
- Olive oil- 1 tablespoon
- Diced onion- 1
- Minced garlic- 2 cloves
- Chopped bell pepper- 1
- Cans of rinsed, mashed and drained of black beans for 14.5 ounce
- Yellow cornmeal-2 tablespoons
- Cumin- 1.5 tablespoons
- Paprika-1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper-1 teaspoon
- Chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salsa-1 cup
- For healthy vegan bean taco filling recipe take a medium sized skillet. Heat olive oil in it over a medium heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic with stirring in to the olive oil and cook till they turn tender.
- Stir the mashed beans in and add cornmeal afterwards.
- Add cumin, chili powder, paprika, salsa and cayenne in to the mixture and cover the skillet. Cook for five minutes.