Home Remedies for Toothache Relief and it is Symptoms
Before we move on to the home remedies for toothache relief, we need to shed light on the causes of this problem. A toothache is a pain in or around a tooth. There are many causes that result in a toothache. These causes result in a bad tooth and pain. These causes include:
- Tooth decay
- Tooth fracture
- Abscessed tooth
- A damaged filling
- Infected gums
- Repetitive motions, such as chewing gum or grinding teeth
Home Remedies for Toothache Relief and its Symptoms
There are many other symptoms of toothache. Some of them are discussed below.
- Tooth pain may be throbbing, or constant. Some people suffer from the pain only when the pressure is applied whereas; others suffer the pain constantly.
- Fever or headache
- Swelling around the tooth
- Foul and tasting the drainage from the infected tooth
What are the Home Remedies for Toothache Relief ?
- Tap clove oil on your painful tooth. Clove oil has numbing effect because it has bacteria-slaying properties. The extract from clove bud contains eugenol that acts as a local anesthetic. You may have a stingy feel but this is an amazing home remedies for toothache relief that eases up the pain quickly.
- If you do not have cloves, you can use a paste of red (cayenne) pepper and powered ginger. Make a paste by using a drop or two of water. Roll a small ball of cotton into the paste and place it on your bad tooth. This may irritate your gums, so place the cotton ball on the tooth. This is an effective method of relieving the tooth pain.
- Using peppermint to relieve tooth pain is a great method as it has numbing effect. Add a teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves in a cup of boiling water and soak it for 20 minutes. Swish it around your mouth once the tea has cooled down. Spit it out or swallow and repeat the process as needed. You will see the results yourself.
- Use the mixture of salt water and rinse your mouth with it for 30 seconds before you spit it out. The mixture of warm salt water helps in cleansing the area around the tooth and draws out the fluid that had caused swelling. You can repeat this home remedies for toothache relief for better results.
- Place an ice cube in a plastic bag and wrap the plastic bag in a cloth. Apply it to the aching tooth for fifteen minutes. This will numb your serves and ease the pain. You can also use this ice pack on your cheek over the painful tooth to lessen the pain and swelling.
- Using black tea can also help in reducing swelling and give you temporary relief. Black tea contains astringent tannins, which helps in easing up the pain of your tooth. It is one of the most effective ways of lessening the pain of bad tooth.
- Use toothpaste that is specifically designed for sensitive teeth. Using this toothpaste can help you in relieving the pain that has been caused by the shrinking gums.
- Use the home remedies for toothache relief softest bristle brush to decrease the swelling and lessen the pain of the tooth. Find a toothbrush that helps in preserving gum tissue and preventing further shrinking.