Vaginal Yeast Infection Symptoms and its Home Remedies
Vaginal Yeast infection has become an infection being present in three out of every four women. This infection is caused by yeast overgrowth. This type of vaginal infection is very common. There are many home remedies that help in healing the infection. There are numerous symptoms that detect the infection and remedies to heal the infection are then done accordingly.
Why Do Vaginal Yeast infection Develop?
Your body normally acts perfectly fine when it is regulating itself by maintaining all the chemical levels that are good for the functioning of the body. But at times problem occur because the chemistry of your body changes, throwing certain body functions off-balance. The inside of a vagina is very acidic. The environment lets the right amount of yeast to live inside your vagina without causing any problems. But when there is a change in the environment the acidity level drop down allowing yeast to grow in the vagina. This so-called overgrowth of yeast in vagina causes vaginal yeast infection.
What are the Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infection?
Yeast infections can occur in any place of your body. The most common places that are affected by are mouth, where this infection is called thrush, on feet and on the genitals. There are several symptoms of vaginal yeast infection of which some are mentioned below.
- A starchy vaginal odor
- Itching in or around your vagina lasting more than 24 hours or worsens in intensity
- A white or yellowish lumpy discharge
- A vaginal burning sensation that occur during intercourse or urination
- Mild redness, irritation or soreness, in or around your vagina
If you do not treat the infection, it may progress into severe form of yeast vaginal infection and its symptoms may worsen causing more irritation and soreness on your vagina. You may also suffer from swelling in or around your vagina and suffer from pain during sex.
What are the Home Remedies for Vaginal Yeast Infection?
There are many home remedies that can lessen the pain and decrease the swelling in or around your vagina. The most important methods, which you can use in your home to ease the pain and soreness around your vagina, are discussed below.
- Stay Dry and Loose. When you are suffering from vaginal yeast infection, you must make sure that you dry your vaginal area thoroughly after showering. You must also be very careful in choosing pants and underwear as they too help in decreasing pain. Wear loose pants and breathable cotton underwear. It will help in easing the pain.
- Using pads instead of tampons will also help in healing the soreness. While using tampons you may worsen the infection because tampons can absorb medicine. So it is always recommended to use pads when you are suffering from vaginal infections.
- Rinse your vagina with water and avoid the use of soap for cleaning the vaginal area.
- Avoid sexual intercourse if it is painful. You may use a water-soluble lubricating jelly to reduce irritation.
- If your genital area is swollen then you must sit in a bathtub of warm water. This may help in reducing pain and heal the soreness around your vaginal area. Do not rub even if you feel itchy. This may worsen the infection.